Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 10 minutes | Total: 25 minutes
Serves 2-3, makes 6 pancakes
1 1/3 cup Cassava Kitchen cassava flour
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c pumpkin purée
1 tbsp vanilla
1 c milk
1 tbsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 250F and place a baking sheet on the top rack.
- Combine milk & white vinegar together in a one cup measuring cup and set aside for at least 5 minutes to create homemade buttermilk.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients & gently mix for a fork or whisk to fully incorporate. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla, then whisk in the homemade buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients gradually to the wet ingredients, whisking gently until all dry ingredients have been incorporated and there are no visible traces of flour.
- Allow the pancake batter to rest for 3-5 minutes before cooking. While the batter rests, preheat a skillet greased with butter or pan spray on low heat.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, spoon batter onto the pan and increase the heat to medium. Allow the pancake to cook about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- When pancake is fully cooked, place it on the baking sheet in the preheated oven to keep warm while you repeat the process with the remaining batter.