1 box Cassava Kitchen Fusilli Pasta
1 lb ground pork sausage
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup butternut squash, cubed fresh or frozen
1 cup kale, roughly chopped
1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8x8 baking dish with olive oil pan spray.
- In a pasta pot, boil well salted water over medium heat. Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, in a frying pan over medium high heat, add olive oil to coat the pan, then add the ground sausage, breaking up with a wooden spoon and cooking until just browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once sausage is just browned, add the butternut squash and kale to the pan and cook another 5-7 minutes. Add fresh sage and salt & pepper to taste.
- Drain the cooked pasta, do not rinse. Add pasta and sausage mixture to a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Add pumpkin puree and shredded mozzarella to the bowl, mixing until all ingredients are combined before adding to the baking dish. Top with additional shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the baked pasta with red pepper flakes and serve warm.