1 package Cassava Kitchen Mac + Cheese
2 tbsp butter
2 cups milk of choice
3 cups chicken or veggie broth
3 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
2 cups shredded carrots
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp nutmeg
1.5 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Salt + pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat, melt butter, then add in broccoli and carrots. Stir in broth and milk and cover, cook for 25 minutes or until broccoli and carrots are tender.
- While the broccoli + carrots cook, prepare the mac + cheese according to package instructions.
- Once broccoli + carrots are tender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in grated cheddar cheese, paprika and nutmeg stirring gently until the cheese is fully melted.
- Stir in prepared mac and cheese and enjoy.