1 box Cassava Kitchen Shell Pasta
Fresh black peppercorns
¼ cup fresh grated parmesan or grana padano cheese
¼ cup fresh grated pecorino cheese
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
- Fill a large pot with well salted water + bring to a boil.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, toast approx. 40 cracks of black pepper (less if you don’t like a little heat) and a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Add pasta to water + cook until just past al dente
- Add 1 ladle full of pasta water to the toasted pepper along with 1 tbsp of butter and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Turn off heat and add parmesan and pecorino cheese to the saucepan 1/4 cup at a time.
- Rather than draining the pasta, add it to the sauce using a slotted spoon to reserve pasta water. This helps create more of a sauce and prohibits parmesan from clumping together.
- Garnish with more parmesan and serve immediately.