1 box of fusilli pasta (Cassava Kitchen)
4 cups of chicken broth
1 red bell pepper
Half of a sweet onion and red onion, diced
1 can (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes
8 ounces of ground beef
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can of kidney beans
A handful of baby bella mushrooms, cut small
2 teaspoons of chili powder
2 teaspoons of cumin
A mix of oregano, paprika, garlic powder
3/4 cup of sharp cheddar
1 whole bag of 4 cheese Mexican
1. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté your peppers and mushrooms (we used pancetta oil and seasoned with pepper and a dash of kosher salt)
2. Afterwards, cook your ground beef, garlic, and onions. Crumble the meat as it cooks and once it's done add the peppers and mushrooms and mix well. Set aside.
3. Cook your pasta for around 5 mins (it will cook with broth and everything else later on)
4. In a medium to large pot, add your chicken broth, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, cumin, chili powder, mixed seasoning (oregano, paprika, and garlic powder) and stir.
5. Bring to a simmer and add the pan of ground beef, peppers, onions, and mushrooms to the pot as well as the pasta and stir. Reduce heat to low and allow it to simmer for 10-15 mins. We added the 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar and 1 whole bag of the 4 cheese Mexican -- stir and let it melt and simmer.
6. Serve and add lime for a little tarty kick and cilantro!
This recipe was adapted by Damn Delicious. To see her recipe click here