Prep: 10 Minutes I Cooking time: 35 Minutes I Serving 2-4 person
1 Bell pepper ( 2 bell peppers for 4 servings)
1 Clove garlic ( 2 cloves of garlic for 4 servings)
9 Oz ground beef (18 Oz ground beef for 4 servings)
1 red Chilli pepper,
1½ Oz Tomato paste (3 oz tomato paste for 4 servings)
¾ box (6 Oz) Cassava Kitchen fusilli pasta (1½ Box - 12 Oz Cassava Kitchen fusilli pasta for 4 servings)
4 Oz of Philadelphia cream cheese (8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese for 4 servings)
½ Cup parmesan cheese 1.5 Oz heavy cream (3 Oz heavy cream for 4 servings)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. You may add salt and a splash of unrefined olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Halve bell pepper(s) and remove the seeds and stem. Peel and mash garlic, thinly slice chilli pepper (you may remove the seeds if preferable)
ROAST BELL PEPPER(S)
- Place all bell pepper halves on a baking tray. Drizzle slightly with unrefined olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until slightly charred and soft.
- When finished, carefully transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Around this time the large pot of water has come to a boil. Add the GF Cassava Kitchen fusilli pasta. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 6-8 minutes. Stirring occasionally and taste test after 6 minutes, to make sure the pasta is cooked at your desired texture ( soft or al dente)
Reserve 1⅓ cup of pasta cooking water and drain the pasta. DO NOT RINSE THE PASTA WITH COLD WATER.
- In a large pan, heat up a large drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat, add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat into pieces until browned and cooked through (approximately 5-6 minutes)
- Add the mashed garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. stir occasionally to mix with meat.
- Add half of the sliced chilli, tomato paste and ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water and stir to mix all together.
Turn the pan to low heat and stir in Philadelphia cream cheese.
FINISH YOUR DISH
- Add the sliced bell pepper, cooked pasta and half of the parmesan to the sauce and mix.
- If the sauce thickens, add bits of reserved cooked pasta water. Stir together well and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta between plates, top off remaining parmesan and chilli and serve.