Prep: 10 Minutes I Bake time: 15-25 Minutes I Serving 8-10 Muffins
1¼ cups Cassava Kitchen’s Cassava flour
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
⅓ cup vegetable oil; canola or avocado
1 large egg
⅓ cup milk; dairy (non-dairy: use Oatley)
1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
7 ounces fresh blueberries
Muffin paper cups
Preheat the oven and set temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin baking pan with 10 muffin cups.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in one bowl and mix well together.
- In a glass measuring cup add the egg, oil and milk and vanilla extract. Whisk all together to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Use a spatula to mix all together until the batter is thick. Make sure not to over mix. The batter needs to remain thick.
- Add the blueberries and fold in with batter.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. And enjoy!
Pro tip: To check whether the muffins have baked all the way through, insert a toothpick into the middle of a muffin. If it comes wet and sticky, bake for another 5 minutes. If it comes out with crumbs, your muffins are ready.