Prep: 10 Minutes I Cooking time: 15 Minutes I Serving 2-4 person
1 vine of cherry tomatoes
2 cups of spinach (4 cups of spinach for 4 servings)
¼ cup of ricotta cheese (½ cups of ricotta cheese for 4 servings)
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
3 Tbsp sour cream (6 Tbsp sour cream for 4 servings)
2 Tbsp veggie stock concentrate (4 Tbsp veggie stock concentrate for 4 servings)
½ box (4.4 Oz) Cassava Kitchen shell pasta (1 Box 8.8 Oz Cassava Kitchen Shell pasta for 4 servings)
¼ Cup parmesan cheese (½ Cup parmesan cheese for 4 servings)
3 tbsp Butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. You may add salt and a splash of unrefined olive oil
- While the water comes to a boil. Start preparing the other ingredients. Trim and thinly slice scallions; make sure to separate the white from the greens.
- Divide the lemon in quarters; 4 equal pieces. (lemon halves since juice will be used from ½ of it towards the end)
Dice tomato. Trim and thinly slice scallions; separate the whites from the greens
- Around this time the large pot of water has come to a boil. Add the GF Cassava Kitchen shell pasta. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 6-8 minutes. Stirring occasionally and taste test after 6 minutes, to make sure the pasta is cooked at your desired texture ( soft or al dente)
Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water and drain the pasta. DO NOT RINSE THE PASTA WITH COLD WATER.
- In a large pan, heat up 1 tbsp butter and a large drizzle of olive oil over medium- high heat, Add scallion white, tomato and 1 tsp Italians seasoning and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir occasionally until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, stir in veggie concentrate. Add ¼ cup of reserved pasta cooking water and juice from half the lemon and stir all together and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
FINISH YOUR DISH
- Add 2 tbsp butter and sour cream to sauce and stir until melted. Add spinach and stir until fully shrunk. Then add drained Cassava Kitchen shell pasta and gently stir to coat. Turn off heat; fold in ricotta cheese and serve
SERVING TIP: Sprinkle with as much parmesan cheese, scallion greens. Decorate plate with remaining two lemon wedges on the side.