Prep: 10 Minutes I Cooking time: 30 Minutes I Serving 2-4 person
1 zucchini (2 Zucchinis for 4 servings)
10 Oz shrimp (20 Oz shrimp for 4 servings)
2 Tbsp cream cheese (4 Tbsp Cream cheese for 4 servings)
2 Tbsp sour cream (4 Tbsp Sour cream for 4 servings)
½ box (4.4 Oz) Cassava Kitchen shell pasta (1 Box 8.8 Oz Cassava Kitchen Shell pasta for 4 servings)
¼ Cup parmesan cheese (½ Cup parmesan cheese for 4 servings)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. You may add salt and a splash of unrefined olive oil
- While the water comes to a boil. Start preparing the other ingredients. Trim and thinly slice scallions; make sure to separate the white from the greens.
- Divide the lemon in quarters; 4 equal pieces. (lemon halves since juice will be used from ½ of it towards the end)
- Trim the end of the Zucchini, shave lengthwise into ribbons using a peeler.
- Rinse shrimp with cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Over medium high heat, heat up a large drizzle of olive oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes. Occasionally stir until opaque and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Turn off heat, wipe out pan (make sure it is cold off and tolerable to handle).
- In the same pan, heat up 1 tbsp butter and a large drizzle of olive oil over low heat, Add scallion white and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir occasionally until softened.
- Turn off heat again, add cream cheese and sour cream and stir until smooth.
- Around this time the large pot of water has come to a boil. Add the GF Cassava Kitchen shell pasta. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 6-8 minutes. Stirring occasionally and taste test after 6 minutes, to make sure the pasta is cooked at your desired texture ( soft or al dente)
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water and drain the pasta. DO NOT RINSE THE PASTA WITH COLD WATER.
FINISH YOUR DISH
- Reheat your sauce under low heat. Add ⅓ cup of reserved pasta cooking water and juice from half the lemon and stir all together.
- Add 4 tbsp butter and stir until melted. Add shrimp and zucchini and stir in until zucchini is tender (1-2 minutes)
- Add drained Cassava Kitchen shell pasta and gently stir to coat. Turn off heat and serve
SERVING TIP: Sprinkle with as much parmesan cheese, scallion greens and lemon zest as you desire.