Cassava Kitchen Shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups fresh spinach
2 cups tomato sauce of choice
4 ounces light cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
Handful of basil for fresh garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Cook your Cassava Kitchen Shells according to the directions on the box, strain, and set aside
3. In a large pot or saucepan, sautee the garlic and spinach in the olive oil until the liquid in the spinach releases- about 5 minutes over medium
4. Add tomato sauce, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste and reduce heat to a low simmer
5. Stir until cream cheese is integrated and fold in about 1 cup of shredded cheese
6. Add the cooked shells to the pot with the sauce and toss until coated
7. Transfer pasta and sauce to a 9"x13" casserole dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese
8. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the cheese starts to bubble and brown
9. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or you can freeze them for up to 3 months!
- To reheat from the refrigerator, bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or microwave covered on high for 1-3 minutes, until heated through and there are no cold spots.
- To reheat from the freezer, it's best to allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and then reheat as explained above.