Cassava Kitchen Shells
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups fresh spinach
2 cups tomato sauce of choice
4 ounces light cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
Handful of basil for fresh garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Cook your Cassava Kitchen Shells according to the directions on the box, strain, and set aside
3. In a large pot or saucepan, sautee the garlic and spinach in the olive oil until the liquid in the spinach releases- about 5 minutes over medium
4. Add tomato sauce, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste and reduce heat to a low simmer
5. Stir until cream cheese is integrated and fold in about 1 cup of shredded cheese
6. Add the cooked shells to the pot with the sauce and toss until coated
7. Transfer pasta and sauce to a 9"x13" casserole dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese
8. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the cheese starts to bubble and brown
9. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or you can freeze them for up to 3 months!
- To reheat from the refrigerator, bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or microwave covered on high for 1-3 minutes, until heated through and there are no cold spots.
- To reheat from the freezer, it's best to allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and then reheat as explained above.
Thanks again to Marley of Marley's Menu for creating such a comforting meal especially as we head into fall! Shop our Shell Pasta here and feel free to check out other recipes made by Marley here