Recipe by Kimberly Cauti of Pretty Delicious Life
For the Crust
3 cups Cassava Flour
1 ½ cup Almond Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
¼ cup garlic infused olive oil
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Veggie Pizza
1 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup arugula
For the Crust
1. Pre-heat oven to 425F and pre-grease a round pizza pan for thin crust or cast iron pan for deep dish.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add flours, baking powder, and salt. Mix gently on low to combine.
3. With mixer still on, gradually add in water and olive oils, increasing the speed to medium low. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula as needed.
4. When mixture begins to form a dough, stop the mixer and finish kneading by hand, adding more oil and water 1 tsp at a time if the dough is a bit crumbly.
Divide into two dough balls for thin crust pizza or create one large dough ball for deep dish.
For Thin Crust
1. Place dough ball onto pre-greased pizza pan. Using your hands, begin to flatten the dough pushing outward towards the sides of the pan. Complete the process using a rolling pin until dough is about ½” thick.
2. Bake crust for 7 minutes, then remove from oven, add toppings and bake another 10-12 minutes until crust is golden brown.
For Deep Dish
1. Place dough ball in the center of a cast iron pan. Using your hands, press down firmly, moving towards the edges of the pan, and then begin to press dough up the sides to form a thick, deep dish crust.
2. Bake crust for 9 minutes, then remove from the oven, add sauce and toppings and bake another 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
1. Once crust is pre-baked, drizzle olive oil over crust, then arrange zucchini and squash slices around the entire pizza. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
2. After removing pizza from the oven, top with fresh baby spinach and arugula