1 ½ cup cassava flour
1 cup tapioca flour
4 large eggs, plus 1 for egg wash
2 tbsp grass fed butter, melted
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp non dairy milk
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cassava flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt, whisking gently to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat eggs, milk, honey, melted butter and melted coconut oil together until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, gently folding together until all dry ingredients have been added. Continue folding until dough begins to form, then gently knead with your hands, forming a dough ball.
- Cut dough into 4 sections and create smaller dough balls and flatten slightly. Using your first and middle fingers, press down into the center of each dough ball, then pinch dough between your thumb and first finger creating a bagel shape.
- Fill a large pot ¾ of the way full with water and add 1 tbsp of salt. Set the burner to medium high and bring water to a rolling boil.
- Once water is boiling, drop bagels in 2 at a time. Bagels are done when they rise to the top of the water, about 1 minute on each side.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat one egg. Place bagels on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the bagels with the egg wash. Sprinkle with desired seasonings: Cinnamon + Sugar or Everything (poppy seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, garlic oil, sea salt)
- Bake bagels for 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Recipe by Kimberly Cauti of Pretty Delicious Life