Prep time : 30 minutes | Bake time : 35-50 minutes | servings : 8 cakes
60 gr unsalted butter
53 gr margarine
75 gr sugar
1 egg yolk
170 gr Cassava Kitchen’s Cassava Flour
56 gr potato starch
4 gr baking powder
7 gr earl grey tea
45 gr milk
15 gr lemon juice
150 gr icing sugar
30 gr lemon juice
- Preheat oven and set the temperature to 180 degrees Celcius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the mini loaf pan with butter.
- Melt the unsalted butter and margarine by boiling it on low heat. After it’s melted, let it rest until it gets to room temperature.
- Have your milk simmer on low heat. Add the earl grey tea and mix well together. Allow it to cool to room temperature. Then, add lemon juice until it turns to buttermilk.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and egg yolk in a bowl and mix well together.
- Add the melted butter mixture into the egg and sugar mixture and mix all together.
- Add the dry ingredients (Cassava Kitchen’s Cassava Flour, potato starch, and baking powder) in a bowl. Mix it well together and sieve it.
- Add the dry mixture and milk to the wet mixture gradually.
- Put the batter into the piping bag then transfer the batter into a butter greased loaf pan.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven, remove from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack.
Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice.
Serve the earl grey tea cake by pouring the lemon icing on the top of the cake. Voila ! your earl grey tea cake is ready, enjoy !
Pro tip: You can save the cake in the fridge and reheat it in the microwave before eating it.